Blog

Boat owners beware risk of carbon monoxide poisoning

News Add comments

Carbon monoxide warning to boat owners following double tragedy

Two young men died when they left a gas cooker grill on to heat their boat

A safety bulletin has been issued to warn boat owners about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning following two deaths in North Yorkshire.

Two fishermen died in their bunks on board the 9.95m scallop-dredger Eshcol while staying overnight in Whitby, North Yorkshire on 15 January 2014.

Initial findings from the Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) indicate that the men were poisoned by carbon monoxide.

Source: Ybw.com

Read the full story at http://www.pbo.co.uk/news/536030/carbon-monoxide-warning-to-boat-owners-following-double-tragedy#aBJ6qzIBIo0eXHDT.99

 

« - »
Web Design by Form Digital